ABOUT BRAND USA
As the destination marketing organization for the United States, Brand USA’s mission is to increase international visitation to the USA in order to fuel the U.S. economy and enhance the image of the United States worldwide. Established by the Travel Promotion Act of 2009 as the nation's first public-private partnership to spearhead a globally coordinated marketing effort to promote the United States as a premier travel destination and to communicate U.S. entry policies, Brand USA began operations in May 2011.
As one of the best levers for driving economic growth, international travel to the United States currently supports 1.8 million American jobs (directly and indirectly) and benefits virtually every sector of the U.S. economy. Brand USA works in close partnership with more than 700 partner organizations to invite the world to explore the exceptional, diverse, and virtually limitless travel experiences available in the United States of America. According to studies by Oxford Economics, over the past three years Brand USA's marketing initiatives have helped welcome more than three million incremental visitors to the USA, benefiting the U.S. economy with nearly $21 billion in total economic impact, which has supported, on average, 50,000 incremental jobs a year.
Brand USA’s operations are supported by a combination of non-federal contributions from destinations, travel brands, and private-sector organizations plus matching funds collected by the U.S. government from international visitors who visit the United States under the Visa Waiver Program.
For industry or partner information about Brand USA, please visit TheBrandUSA.com. For information about exceptional and unexpected travel experiences in the United States, please visit Brand USA’s consumer website at VisitTheUSA.com.
The Manager, Web and Content focuses on ensuring high performance outcomes from the processes, resources and deliverables of Brand USA digital platforms in accordance with annual business goals.
This role helps develop digital solutions to business challenges, and incorporates a timely planning process to ensure all initiatives are consistent with consumer and corporate strategies. Key to the success of this position is development of the editorial calendar, creation of engaging content along a variety of themes and working with outside agencies and stakeholders to integrate third-party content into Brand USA’s strategy.
Website Build & Maintenance
- Work with Digital Director and digital agency maintain web environments
- Establish a roadmap for site builds and deployment; oversee operational status and processes
- Manage multiple country sites to ensure operational excellence and optimize user experience
- Develop plan to improve visitor experience
- Manage agency and vendor partners, and lead cross-functional projects as needed in support of consumer marketing agenda.
- Own and develop the editorial content calendar.
- Develop engaging digital content on the consumer site using internal and external sources.
- Leverage influencer relationships to generate better content and create more USA advocates.
- Use analytics and insight reports to inform content development priorities and targets.
- Define project scope and deliverables that support business goals, as requested
- Translate functional and technical requirements into specific task assignments
- Prioritize multiple competing projects and manage an extremely high volume of international content in a fast-paced environment.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members, clients and stakeholders
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, work well in a collaborative, fast-paced environment, and focus on delivering the end result in line with Brand USA business goals.
- At least three (3) years in an editorial or marketing environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Experience managing creative agencies and processes, preferably in an agency environment
- Experience working with outside stakeholders in developing and deploying a content strategy (experience in or within the travel vertical preferred)
- Experience developing website visitor acquisition strategies, personalization/customization of content and messaging to ensure an amazing digital user experience
- Experience with Content Management Systems (Drupal preferred)
- Experience using third party APIs
- Understanding of and ability to apply SEO principles – general and keyword
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) and social media platforms
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to interact well both with internal and external partners and project team
- Flexibility, sense of humor and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Interest in travel and tourism.
- Ability to quickly learn new applications as needed
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or Journalism Science
- Fast paced, professional office environment with moderate noise levels
- Must be able to use a computer at a work station for long periods of time and to accommodate potentially frequent interruptions
- Moderate travel may be required
Brand USA’s business hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Our standard work hours may vary based upon position requirements. Additional hours may be required during peak times, which may require an adjusted work schedule, overtime, and evening/weekend hours in order to meet deadlines.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (ADA)
Brand USA will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
 Brand USA has an organizational commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion. In that spirit, we welcome all qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, economic circumstances, national origin or veteran status.