WE’RE SENDING OUT A BIG WELCOME TO INTERNATIONAL TRAVELERS AND WE WANT YOU TO BE PART OF THE WELCOMING COMMITTEE!
Personal recommendations always make a visit unique and memorable, because it’s the people that truly make the place special.
“Ask a Local” uses a documentary-styled approach to sharing amazing travel experiences through the voices and faces of U.S. residents. These first-person recommendations highlight local attractions, food, nightlife, music, and scenery throughout the 50 states, 5 territories, and the District of Columbia.
We are NOT looking for picture perfect ads or overly produced digital experiences. We want it to feel genuine and inspirational, like the recommendations that your friends, family and local community are sharing with each other every day. All we need from you is video or audio that captures authentic, personal experiences. We’ll do the rest!
What to send us:
- Is it real, honest and unscripted? (We want it.)
- Silly or quirky? (Yep, want that too.)
- Family fun and adventure? (Of course!)
- Full of pride and emotion. (Do you even have to ask?)
- Something you wouldn’t find in a travel guide? (Now we’re talking!)
- Is it highlighting specific places visitors can go see and experience? (Abso-freakin’-lutely!)
- Does it make us want to get on a plane right this instant? (Yassss.)
- Is it warm and welcoming? (That’s the whole idea.)
- Most importantly, do you own the content? (100% YES!)
By participating in this program, your video could be featured on some of our high-traffic platforms including our consumer site, corporate site, and YouTube channel, with the potential of additional exposure on our social media channels, GoUSA TV channel, and more!
So, how can you participate?
The “Ask a Local” video series evolved from Brand USA’s “One Big Welcome” initiative, which launched at IPW 2017.