Brand USA is getting set to launch a new platform as part of its strategy to promote the USA from mobile to giant-screen and everything in between. Go USA TV is a connected TV app that travelers across the globe will be able to access on Apple TV, Roku, and Amazon Fire. Brand USA believes it will capture the imagination of and inspire travelers around the world to visit the USA. The channel is currently being tested and will be soft-launched early in the new year.
Why Video and Go USA TV? As Brand USA shared during its November 29, 2017 board meeting:
- We live in a multi-screen, multi-platform world, with one in three consumers saying they’ve never had cable television or no longer do.
- But while people may be watching less linear television, time with digital video is on the rise.
- By 2025, half of viewers under 32 will not subscribe to a pay TV service.
- Currently 80 percent of television sales are internet-enabled, interactive televisions that support the increasing amount of consumers who consider themselves “cord-cutters.”
- Over half of video content is viewed on mobile.
- Approximately 92 percent of mobile video viewers share videos with others.
- Social video generates 1,200 percent more shares than text and images combined.
- Viewers retain 95 percent of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10 percent when reading it in text.
Get ready for Go USA TV—coming to a television (and your mobile, tablet, or other smart device) soon!