Brand USA has compiled a set of indicators to provide a high level dashboard of current COVID-19 related conditions. This dashboard summarizes how individual markets are performing in relation to recovery targets, which have been designed to help determine when recovery is sufficient for effective marketing activity.
To view the Dashboard, click here
Temporary Travel Restrictions
Anybody, with the exception of U.S. citizens, legal permanent residents, and immediate family members, who has been in the following countries during the past 14 days may not enter the United States at this time:
- United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland)
- Republic of Ireland
- South Africa
- European Schengen Region (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Vatican City)
Additionally, the U.S. has reached agreements with both Canada and Mexico to temporarily limit all non-essential travel, including leisure travel, across land borders. Air travel between the United States and Canada and Mexico is allowed.
Mandatory Testing Requirement
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will require all air passengers to present a negative COVID-19 test result before entering the United States.
Air passengers will be required to get a viral test within the three days before their flight departs to the United States and provide written documentation of their laboratory test to the airline.
Airlines must confirm the negative test result for all passengers or documentation of recovery before they board.
If a passenger does not provide documentation of a negative test or recovery, or chooses not to take a test, the airline must deny boarding to the passenger.
Mandatory Mask Requirement
All travelers shall be required to comply with recommended CDC guidelines and wear masks in airports, commercial aircraft, trains, public maritime vessels, intercity bus services, and other modes of public transportation.
Mandatory Quarantine Requirement
Travelers entering the United States from a foreign country shall be required to comply with recommended CDC guidelines regarding periods of self-quarantine or self-isolation. For more information, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention travel resources page here.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention travel notices
- Department of Homeland Security coronavirus updates
- U.S. Travel Association’s comprehensive information for the travel industry
- In advance of traveling, visitors should review the COVID-19 health and safety guidelines for specific states, cities, hotels, and airports.
- Watch the March 19, 2020 Brand USA COVID-19 research webinar*
- Watch the April 16, 2020 Brand USA COVID-19 research webinar*
- Watch the May 15, 2020 Brand USA COVID-19 research webinar*
- Watch the June 23, 2020 Brand USA COVID-19 research webinar*
- Watch the July 21, 2020 Brand USA COVID-19 research webinar*
- Watch the August 18, 2020 Brand USA COVID-19 research webinar*
- Watch the January 26, 2021 Brand USA COVID-19 research webinar*
- Watch the May 12, 2021 Brand USA COVID-19 research webinar*
- Watch the June 30, 2021 Brand USA COVID-19 research webinar*
Note: This information is proprietary and not for distribution.
- Current U.S. COVID-19 Travel Guidelines with information on specific states, cities, hotels and airlines.