International Arrivals at Land Ports of Entry or Ferry Terminals
When arriving at a U.S. land port of entry or ferry terminal for non-essential travel, international visitors should be prepared to:
- Present proof of COVID-19 vaccination as outlined on the CDC website; and,
- Verbally attest to their non-essential travel and COVID-19 vaccination status.
For more information, visit the Department of Homeland Security fact sheet.
International Arrivals by Air
Prior to boarding a flight to the United States, international visitors should prepare for:
Proof of Vaccination Requirement
International visitors to the United States must provide proof of full vaccination prior to boarding their flight to the United States. Accepted vaccines include those that are FDA approved or authorized, as well as vaccines with an emergency use listing (EUL) from the World Health Organization (WHO). Individuals can be considered fully vaccinated at least two weeks after the last dose of an accepted single-dose series or any combination of two doses of an accepted two-dose series. Children under the age of 18 are exempt from the vaccine requirement, and other limited exceptions apply. More information about the vaccination requirement and documentation is available from the CDC here.
Contact Tracing Requirement
All air passengers to the United States are required to provide contact information to airlines before boarding flights to the United States for the purposes of contact tracing. This process is critical to detect and respond to variants of COVID-19, helping protect the public and international visitors.
State and Local Requirements
Once international visitors arrive at their destination, individual state and local governments, as well as some businesses, may have their own health and safety guidelines regarding masks, social distancing, vaccination status, and more. As you plan your trip, you may find these resources useful. Browse States and Cities here.
- Watch the March 19, 2020 Brand USA COVID-19 research webinar*
- Watch the April 16, 2020 Brand USA COVID-19 research webinar*
- Watch the May 15, 2020 Brand USA COVID-19 research webinar*
- Watch the June 23, 2020 Brand USA COVID-19 research webinar*
- Watch the July 21, 2020 Brand USA COVID-19 research webinar*
- Watch the August 18, 2020 Brand USA COVID-19 research webinar*
- Watch the January 26, 2021 Brand USA COVID-19 research webinar*
- Watch the May 12, 2021 Brand USA COVID-19 research webinar*
- Watch the June 30, 2021 Brand USA COVID-19 research webinar*
Note: This information is proprietary and not for distribution.
As the world moves from pandemic to endemic, please check with the destination, hotel, attractions, etc. directly for specific COVID-related guidelines.