2018 United Kingdom & Ireland MegaFam
Brand USA, in partnership with American Airlines and British Airways, has announced details of the seven brand new itineraries for the United Kingdom and Ireland MegaFam 2018. Taking place April 26 to May 4, 2018, the multi-destination familiarization tours for travel agents from the United Kingdom and Ireland will see 100 agents travel on seven itineraries across the USA simultaneously.
After exploring one of the seven itineraries, agents will join together for a finale celebration in Nashville, Tennessee. During their time in Music City, the agents will share their experiences with each other with the goal of enabling all attendees to better sell the destinations upon their return to the United Kingdom and Ireland.
This is the sixth consecutive year the Brand USA United Kingdom and Ireland MegaFam has taken place and each year the routes showcase a variety of states and experiences across the USA. Unique to next year, each of the seven itineraries will explore the landscapes and soundscapes of the USA through the lens of music, meeting visionaries, artists, music makers, and innovators who are shaping the country’s culture today.
The itineraries for 2018 are:
- Western Treasures: Deserts and Lights – Visiting California, Arizona, and Nevada
- Pacific Pleasures: Hiking and Hipsters – Visiting Washington and Oregon
- Southern Splendour: Hospitality and Charm – Visiting South Carolina and Georgia
- Floridian Flavours: Sunsets and Surf – Visiting Florida
- Music Trail: Jazz and Soul – Visiting Louisiana, Mississippi, and Tennessee
- Great Lakes: Midwest and Motown – Visiting Michigan, Ohio, and New York
- Capital Culture: Monuments and Battlegrounds – Visiting the Washington, DC, Virginia, and Pennsylvania
To be eligible to win a place on the MegaFam, travel agents in the United Kingdom and Ireland must book travelers on American Airlines and British Airways flights to the United States during the entry period from December 1, 2017 until March 23, 2018. In addition, they must earn as many badges as possible on Brand USA’s official agent training site, USADiscoveryProgram.co.uk, including the mandatory MegaFam Airlines 2018 badge and the Music, Culture, and Heritage badge.
- Online UK MegaFam Partner Itinerary Booklet
- Travel Trade Additional Resources
- Receptive Tour Operators' Bios
To enter the MegaFam, please visit USADiscoveryProgram.co.uk/MegaFam.
To become a qualified USA Specialist and learn more about the USA MegaFam, agents in the United Kingdom and Ireland should visit USADiscoveryProgram.co.uk.