September 27 – October 3, 2017, in partnership with Lufthansa, 100 participants will take part in the Germany MegaFam. The week will kickoff at the Lufthansa Training Center in Seeheim-Jugenheim, Germany. During their visit to the United States, they will visit the following destinations:
- Arizona – This “Canyons, Cactus, and Cowboys” tour starts at a Phoenix golf resort, The Wigwam, which was established 86 years ago. On the route, a stop at Superstition Meadery in Prescott, then a visit to the Grand Canyon with Arizona Outback Adventures. On to Horseshoe Bend. Overnight at Lake Powell Resort, followed by a drive to Wupatki and Sunset Crater national monuments. Flagstaff and Scottsdale are also on the route.
- Colorado – Starting in Denver, the agents tour the downtown area, visit the Denver Art Museum, and later travel to Cheyenne Mountain State Park, where they try their hand at archery the next morning. They also go to Alamosa, Great Sand Dunes National Park, and stay overnight at the Heaton Bay Campground, located at an elevation of 9,000 feet in the White River National Forest.
- Florida – Agents start in Miami, then head to state’s west coast, where they visit Marco Island, Fort Myers, and Tampa. Water sports, sunset cruises and Busch Gardens Tampa are on the route. Trip then moves to Orlando with visits to Universal Orlando Resort and SeaWorld Orlando.
- Georgia & Alabama – The First stop is Atlanta, Georgia. Agents tour CNN, World of Coca Cola, and Georgia Aquarium. They move on to Birmingham, Alabama, where they visit Barber Motorsports Park and pedal their way to several local breweries. It’s breakfast at the original Pancake House and a visit to the Alabama Music Hall of Fame the next day. Other stops: Helen Keller Home and Birthplace and the U.S. Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville.
- Illinois – In Chicago, the agents visit the 108-story Willis Tower, also known as the Sears Tower. Then, they see The Field Museum, one of the world’s largest natural-history museums, and the Shedd Aquarium, where 32,000 animals (1,500 species) reside. Moving on to Pontiac, the agents get a downtown walking tour. The Illinois Route 66 Hall of Fame and Museum is here. Next, they go to Springfield, Abraham Lincoln’s hometown. And, in Galena, they soar by zipline above Chestnut Mountain Resort.
- Philadelphia & upstate New York – Sightseeing in historic Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and a trip to the galleries at the Barnes Foundation start the trip. Next, agents are off to Corning, New York, home of the Corning Museum of Glass. A hiking tour in Watkins Glen State Park precedes a journey to Rochester that includes stops at wineries in the Finger Lakes region. Agents see George Eastman Museum in Rochester then head to Niagara Falls.
- Tennessee – After landing in Charlotte, North Carolina, the agents head to Chattanooga, Tennessee to start their trip. At Ruby Falls, they make their way to a subterranean waterfall. They take the Lookout Mountain Incline Railway. Then, on to Knoxville for a walking tour. In the Smoky Mountains, they have a barbecue, moonshine testing, and even go ziplining. And, of course, the Dolly Parton’s Smoky Mountain Adventure (dinner show) is on the route.
- Texas – First stop is Space Center Houston, a Smithsonian affiliate and the official visitor center of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Johnson Space Center. In San Antonio, agents have a dinner cruise and visit The Alamo. They also tour the 750-foot-high Tower of the Americas and stop by the Buckhorn Museum. On to Fredericksburg, an area with more than 40 wineries. Luckenback, a hub of country music, is nearby.
As with all Brand USA MegaFams, the agents who receive invitations have qualified for the experience by completing designated modules of Brand USA’s online-training package, the USA Discovery Program. They also compete with other agents through their levels of sales production.