Brand USA, the destination marketing organisation for the United States, in partnership with American Airlines and British Airways, today reveals details of the seven brand-new itineraries for the UK & Ireland MegaFam 2019. Taking place from 9th- 17th May 2019, the multi-destination familiarisation trip will see 100 travel agents from the UK and Ireland simultaneously on seven itineraries across the USA experiencing a diverse range of destinations and product areas.
After travelling on one of the seven itineraries, the agents come together for a finale celebration in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona. During their time in Arizona’s metropolitan centre, surrounded by iconic landscapes, the agents will share their experiences with one another, with the goal of enabling all attendees to better sell the destinations upon their return to the UK & Ireland.
This is the seventh successive year the Brand USA UK & Ireland MegaFam has taken place. Each year the MegaFam features different routes showcasing a wide range of destinations and a breadth of experiences across the USA. For 2019, in a MegaFam first, Brand USA is delighted to announce the inclusion of two territories of the United States on the ‘Tropical Territories: Sunsets and Salsa’ itinerary. A fortunate group of agents will sample the best of the USA, by visiting both Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands. As well as the two territories, the seven itineraries span across a total of 18 states, allowing the agents to discover the rich diversity that the USA has to offer.
The new itineraries for 2019 are:
- Southern Sights: Heritage and Hospitality – Visiting South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee and Alabama
- Tropical Territories: Sunsets and Salsa – Visiting Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Summits and Cities: East Coast Exploration – Visiting Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York State
- Wild West: Peaks and Plains – Visiting Colorado, Wyoming and South Dakota
- Mid-Atlantic Memories: Hotspots and History – Visiting Pennsylvania, Maryland and Virginia
- Western Wonders: Valleys and Vistas – Visiting California and Arizona
- Cowboy Country: Cities and Cultures – Visiting Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and Missouri
To be eligible for a place on the MegaFam, travel agents in the UK and Ireland must book travellers on American Airlines and British Airways flights to the United States during the entry period from 3rd December 2018 until 29th March 2019. In addition, they must visit Brand USA’s official agent training site, USADiscoveryProgram.co.uk, and complete the mandatory MegaFam Airlines 2019 badge.
To enter the MegaFam, please visit USADiscoveryProgram.co.uk/MegaFam.
To become a qualified USA Specialist and learn more about the MegaFam, agents in the UK & Ireland should visit USADiscoveryProgram.co.uk.