Brand USA, the destination marketing organization for the United States, in partnership with American Airlines and British Airways, took part in seven itineraries for the 2019 UK & Ireland MegaFam. The multi-destination familiarization trip, which took place from May 9 - 17, 2019, brought 100 travel agents from the UK & Ireland simultaneously on seven itineraries across the USA experiencing a diverse range of destinations and product areas.
After travelling on one of the seven itineraries, the agents came together for a finale celebration in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona. During their time in Arizona’s metropolitan centre, surrounded by iconic landscapes, the agents will shared their experiences with one another, with the goal of enabling all attendees to better sell the destinations upon their return to the UK & Ireland.
This is the seventh successive year the Brand USA UK & Ireland MegaFam has taken place. Each year the MegaFam features different routes showcasing a wide range of destinations and a breadth of experiences across the USA. For 2019, in a MegaFam first, Brand USA was delighted to include two territories of the United States on the ‘Tropical Territories: Sunsets and Salsa’ itinerary. A fortunate group of agents were able to sample the best of the USA, by visiting both Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands. As well as the two territories, the seven itineraries span across a total of 18 states, allowing the agents to discover the rich diversity that the USA has to offer.
The new itineraries for 2019 were:
- Southern Sights: Heritage & Hospitality – Visiting South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Alabama
- Tropical Territories: Sunsets & Salsa – Visiting Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Summits and Cities: East Coast Exploration – Visiting Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and New York
- Wild West: Peaks & Plains – Visiting Colorado, Wyoming, and South Dakota
- Mid-Atlantic Memories: Hotspots & History – Visiting Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Virginia
- Western Wonders: Valleys & Vistas – Visiting California and Arizona
- Cowboy Country: Cities & Cultures – Visiting Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Missouri
For a glimpse into this year's exciting itineraries, check out the TTG MegaFam supplement here. This summary booklet showcases the unique and diverse activities experienced on each itinerary and at the finale event in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona.
To be eligible for a place on the MegaFam, travel agents in the UK & Ireland must have booked travelers on American Airlines and British Airways flights to the United States during the entry period from December 3, 2018 - March 29, 2019. In addition, they must have visited Brand USA’s official agent training site, USADiscoveryProgram.co.uk, and complete the mandatory MegaFam Airlines 2019 badge.
In the future, to become a qualified USA Specialist and learn more about the MegaFam, agents in the UK & Ireland should visit USADiscoveryProgram.co.uk.