Brand USA, in partnership with American Airlines and British Airways, is hosting the 2020 UK & Ireland MegaFam from April 29 - May 7, 2020. The multi- destination familiarization trip will see 100 travel agents from the United Kingdom (UK) and Ireland simultaneously on seven itineraries across the United States to experience a range of destinations and products.
Launched by Brand USA in 2013, large-scale familiarization tours, or “MegaFams,” are a vital part of the organization's marketing strategies to create awareness of the diverse destinations and limitless travel experiences available throughout the United States.
The itineraries for 2020 are as follows:
- Pacific Wonders: Cities & Coastlines – visiting Seattle, Washington; the North Coast; and Portland, Oregon
- Western Vistas: Valleys & Vineyards – visiting Las Vegas, Nevada; and Pasadena and Sonoma County, California
- Southern Sights: Cowboy & Country – visiting Austin and Fort Worth, Texas; and Hot Springs and Little Rock, Arkansas
- Musical Moments: Sights & Sounds – visiting Chicago, Illinois; French Lick West Baden, Indiana; and Nashville Tennessee
- Southeastern Splendour: Culture & Charm – visiting Charlotte, North Carolina; Atlanta, Georgia; and Montgomery, Alabama
- New England Expedition: Quaint & Quintessential – visiting Boston and Cape Cod, Massachusetts; and Newport and Providence, Rhode Island
- Tropical Treasures: Sand & Sea – visiting Puerto Rico; Greater Fort Lauderdale and Tampa Bay, Florida
After traveling on one of the seven itineraries, agents will come together for a MegaFam Finale at Universal Orlando Resort in Florida. Agents will explore three theme parks at Universal Orlando Resort – the movie and TV-based excitement of Universal Studios Florida, the worlds of legendary heroes at Universal’s Islands of Adventure, and the tropical paradise of Universal’s Volcano Bay water theme park. From hotels offering exclusive theme park benefits, to the best in dining and entertainment, Universal Orlando Resort presents endless vacation experiences for British and Irish visitors to the USA.
To be eligible for a place on the Brand USA MegaFam, travel agents in the UK and Ireland must book travellers on American Airlines and British Airways flights to the United States during the entry period from Dec. 2, 2019 - Mar. 15, 2020. In addition, they must visit Brand USA’s official agent training site, USADiscoveryProgram.co.uk, and complete the mandatory MegaFam Airlines 2020 badge.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2019 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.