Partner Spotlight: Wyoming Office of Tourism
No doubt, the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has greatly affected our partners and their marketing efforts. The Wyoming Office of Tourism has addressed the new state of the world and the need to social distance with the release of a 60 second video called "Stay Calm, Stay Inspired," and it is currently playing across all of Wyoming Office of Tourism’s owned channels. The inspirational clip doesn't shy away from the fact that Wyoming is full of wide-open spaces and declares "maybe a little bit more emptiness is what we need” because getting back to normal following the pandemic
"will matter even more after some time apart." Read more about Wyoming’s Community Partner Outreach and its COVID-19 industry resources.
Since 2013, Brand USA has partnered with Wyoming Office of Tourism on cooperative marketing to promote Wyoming internationally. Recently, four video road trips were created to showcase the state with all roads leading to Yellowstone as the final destination. These road trips have been translated into multiple languages on VisitTheUSA.com. Additionally, Brand USA has partnered with Wyoming for multi-channel campaigns in Japan, Germany, Mexico, and Western Canada. This past year, Wyoming has developed their own dedicated international site using the content and wireframe of VisitTheUSA.com for both desktop and mobile use with content currently translated into six different languages.
While Yellowstone National Park and Jackson Hole may be the most well-known destinations within the state, Brand USA counts over a dozen cities and counties across Wyoming as partners. In fact, several Wyoming destinations are featured in several GoUSA TV series and other consumer campaigns across Visit the USA networks. Thus far, Brand USA has highlighted Wyoming in episodes of "America's Treasures: National Parks" featuring Devil's Tower and Yellowstone, "Ask a Local," "USA Through Music," and "America. The Beautiful." Looking ahead, the "United Stories" consumer campaign will also spotlight winter scenes of Jackson Hole, Wyoming and Casper, Wyoming in content filmed earlier this year, expected to launch later on in Spring 2020. Follow along on social media using #UNITEDStories.
Below is a roundup of a few unique partner activities during this period of social distancing:
- Philadelphia CVB’s at-home, do-it-yourself ways to experience Philadelphia from Home
- Discover Puerto Rico’s virtual getaways, consisting of dance, fitness, and cooking classes for you to experience at home, virtually!
- Chattanooga CVB’s #ConnectChatt Virtual Experiences
- Greater Palm Springs CVBs learn from home series, Find Your Oasis – At Home
- Visit Laguna Beach’s coloring sheets, list of movies & shows filmed at Laguna Beach, and a Laguna Beach-inspired Spotify playlist
- Visit Huntington Beach’s Moments of Zen beach scenes
- National Parks Services’ Virtual Tours
- Bradenton Area CVB’s See a Shell Share a Shell campaign, in which Visit Bradenton asks those on social media to start a virtual seashell collection with them by using #ShellShare and tagging @VisitBradenton.
- Glacier County Tourism's 360-degree virtual tours of museums, ski areas, parks, and landscapes of Western Montana. The destination also included web cam access to its wildlife in addition to virtual film festivals, live events, and classes.
- Visit Denver's virtual events around Mile High City via Virtually Denver and the launch of "Love This City Denver." Inspired by Denver artist Pat Milbery's Love This City mural campaign, "Love This City Denver" offers local resources to engage Denver residents and support local hospitality business throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, such as featuring restaurants providing take-out and delivery on ToGoDenver. While travel dreaming, listen to Visit Denver's "Denver Rocks!" Spotify Playlist.