Experience Madison Attractions through Virtual Tours and Activities
Destination Madison recognizes that COVID-19 recommendations pertaining to social distancing and self-isolation are vital to curbing the spread of this virus. To help people cope with being homebound, we have gathered a list of local virtual visits, so people near and far can find needed distraction by experiencing some of Madison's highlights.
- Wisconsin State Capitol: Enjoy 360 degree views inside the Wisconsin State Capitol, explore different rooms and discover facts about the magnificent artwork and elements inside the building.
- Henry Vilas Zoo: Henry Vilas Zoo wants to bring the zoo to you through virtual “ask a zookeeper” events. Kids and adults alike will have the chance to ask the zoo's knowledgeable staff questions about featured animals via Facebook live. Currently scheduled events will feature the African penguin, bison and curassow.
- Taliesin Preservation: Marvel at Frank Lloyd Wright's home in this virtual tour of Taliesin. Experience immersive views inside Wright's studio, home, school and several locations on the estate grounds complete with audio from the staff historian at Taliesin Preservation.
- Madison Museum of Contemporary Art (MMoCA): Browse MMoCA's online collection of nearly 6,000 pieces and explore the artists who's creative minds crafted the works of art.
- Chazen Museum of Art: The Chazen is home to the second-largest collection of art in Wisconsin: more than 22,000 works. Browse the collections online by region, object type or century.