Brand USA Contest Invites DMOs to Submit Storytelling Videos for Streaming on GoUSA TV
Brand USA is hosting a video-storytelling contest for DMOs in the United States on GoUSA TV, Brand USA’s premier, subscription-free, travel-entertainment channel. DMOs are invited to submit their videos and video series for streaming on GoUSA TV (see details below). Videos selected to run on this Brand USA platform will also qualify for entry into the contest. No entry fees are required.
Video storytelling, Brand USA officials say, provide destinations with a range of benefits, by:
- building a unique sense of place through a focus on cultural elements, such as food, music, sports, and traditions;
- sharing new and unexpected aspects about points of interest;
- using high-quality cinematography; and
- blending a storytelling approach with an entertaining narrative.
Sharing video content is also a key way Brand USA can connect with travelers during these unprecedented times. We know people are consuming more content as they are at home with their families and we want to share with them as much captivating content as possible about all of the amazing destinations throughout the USA.
2019 Winning Entries
DMOs that consider submitting storytelling videos can view contest details, along with two award-winning videos from Brand USA’s 2019 competition: “True Stories” (New Mexico) and “The Arts District” (Washington, DC).
Brand USA, for the past several years, has been using GoUSA TV to present an array of high-quality content that showcases the diverse range of travel experiences available to visitors in the United States. This has included episodic series, documentaries, and films – all without subscriptions, fees, or log-ins.
Submissions for Brand USA’s video storytelling contest, which will run on GoUSA TV, must be received by July 15, 2020. Brand USA will announce winning entries at the next U.S. Travel’s Educational Seminar for Tourism Organizations, or ESTO, set for Aug. 22-25, 2020, in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
GoUSA TV is available for free on Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Google Chromecast, or on iOS and Android phones.
Contest Judges Named
Brand USA has designated these five judges to evaluate entries:
- Clay Jeter, a film and TV director, is best known for the Netflix series, “Chef’s Table.” His work has been featured at the Sundance, Tribeca, Santa Barbara, Nashville, and Palm Springs film festivals.
- Rupert Maconick is founder of Saville Productions, an entertainment company that has produced hundreds of projects with high-profile, documentary and feature filmmakers.
- Jason Puris is executive producer at Dirty Robber, an Academy-Award nominated production and entertainment company. Dirty Robber is known for its storytelling approach in film, branded content, and music videos.
- Jody Raida is founder of Lemonade, a boutique media firm that advises brands, agencies, and production companies on premium, story-driven entertainment. She works with film, television, and digital media.
- Brian Newton is executive producer for various TV series. He previously served as Head of Content Delivery for La Reyna, a joint venture between VICE Media’s agency Virtue and award-winning film director Robert Rodriguez, focusing on the LatinX market. Prior to La Reyna, Brian was vice president of digital distribution & operations at El Rey Network where he helped launch El Rey Network Studios and served as executive in charge of original series including Rebel Without a Crew: The Series and Explosion Jones.