Brand USA Travel Week Europe 2019 Enrichment Series sessions and speakers announced
Today, Brand USA, the destination marketing organization for the United States, announced the sessions and speakers confirmed for the Enrichment Series at Brand USA Travel Week Europe, taking place in London from Sept. 9-12, 2019. The Enrichment Series will serve as the inaugural event's program of sessions designed to inspire, engage, educate, and entertain. The lineup will include some of the travel industry's biggest brands, industry thought leaders, and disruptive entrepreneurs in a fast-paced series of meaningful conversations.
"From innovative topics to inspiring speakers, the enrichment series at Brand USA Travel Week Europe 2019 will bring our guests a rich program of sessions designed to provoke fresh thinking, share new ideas, and offer tangible tips," said Christopher L. Thompson, Brand USA president and CEO. "Whether looking ahead at future travel trends in Europe or discussing the impact of current events on U.S. tourism, our speaker lineup will captivate both buyers' and exhibitors' imaginations."
The topics and innovators making up the enrichment series at Brand USA Travel Week Europe 2019 include:
- Amanda Hills, President, Hills Balfour – The European Traveller
- Ben Ross, Deputy Head of Travel, Telegraph Media Group – Shaping The Future Of Luxury Travel
- Cathy Tull, President, Cartier Global Strategies – The Impact Of Sports On Travel Decisions
- Claire Irvin, Head of Travel, Telegraph Media Group – In Conversation With John Herrington (Keynote)
- Claudia Miguel, Investment & Tourism Project Manager, Portuguese National Tourist Office (UK) – What Does Brexit Really Mean?
- Christopher L. Thompson, President & CEO, Brand USA – Opening Remarks & Welcome
- Darren McCaffrey, Political Correspondent, Euronews – What Does Brexit Really Mean?
- David Meany, Director, Partner Marketing, The Travel Corporation – The Power of Product
- Edgardo Tettamanti, SVP Global Multicultural & Cross-Border Marketing, Mastercard – Driving Disruption: Consumers & Technology
- Fabio Negro, Group Head of North America, FTI Group – The Power of Product
- Gray Lawry, Vice President, Strategy & Insights, Miles – Data Privacy: The Future Impact On Marketing
- Harry de Quetteville, Special Correspondent, Technology, Telegraph Media Group – Driving Disruption: Consumers & Technology
- Ian Leonard, Travel & Transport Industry Leader, IMB – Personalization In Travel: Moving Beyond The Buzzword
- Isabel Hill, Director, National Travel and Tourism Office at U.S. Department of Commerce – Federal Government Update
- Joanna Lawrence, Managing Director, Strategy & Client Development, Telegraph Media Group – How Data Is Helping To Sell The American Dream
- John Connors, Deputy Attaché, Brussels Customs & Border Protection – Federal Government Update
- Mark Tanzer, Chief Executive, ABTA – What Does Brexit Really Mean?
- Nick Evans, Social Media Director, Hills Balfour – Breaking Through The Clutter
- Nick Mattera, Senior Director, Consumer Marketing, Brand USA – Breaking Through The Clutter
- Sean O'Hara, Executive Vice President for Sales, BBC Global News & BBC StoryWorks – Destination Storytelling Best Practice
- Susan Hooper, Board Member, Uber, Wizz Air & Department for Exiting the European Union (DExEU) – A Vision For The Future
- Thomas Garzilli, Chief Marketing Officer, Brand USA – A Vision For The Future
- Tracy Lanza, Vice President, Integrated Marketing, Brand USA – Destination Storytelling Best Practice
- Wendy Olson Killion, Global Vice President, Expedia Group Media Solutions – Generation Alpha & Family Travel Trends
These speakers will join John Herrington, who will deliver the keynote speech, sponsored by The Telegraph. Herrington is the first Native American NASA astronaut and will talk to attendees about his love of America’s great outdoors and the rewards of exploration. Herrington will also be featured as one of the inspiring U.S. trailblazers exploring the United States in Brand USA’s third film for IMAX® and giant-screen theaters – “Into America’s Wild” (working title). Produced by MacGillivray Freeman Films in association with Expedia Group, the film is scheduled to premiere in Washington, DC in Feb. 2020. The film will take international audiences on a journey across the United States, exploring scenic byways, ancient homelands, little known trails and hidden gems that form the natural tapestry of America.
Brand USA Travel Week Europe 2019 will be an immersive celebration of the United States, showcasing the diverse range of travel experiences available throughout the 50 states, five territories, and the District of Columbia. In addition to the enrichment series, this event provides a revolutionary business platform for U.S. suppliers to engage with key buyers from across Europe, who have a strong interest in leveraging opportunities to grow arrivals to the USA. Brand USA Travel Week will act as a vehicle to support growth in the U.S. travel sector and will create more opportunities than ever before to inspire European travelers to visit the USA to, through and beyond gateway cities.
For more information on Brand USA Travel Week Europe 2019, visit BrandUSATravelWeek.com.
Public Relations Senior Director, UK, Ireland, & Europe
+44 (0) 207 593 1715
Brand USA Consumer Media & Public Relations
Director, Consumer & Trade Public Relations
Brand USA Corporate Communications
Director, Media Relations
About Brand USA
Brand USA, the destination marketing organization for the United States, was established by the Travel Promotion Act as the nation's first public-private partnership to promote the United States as a premier travel destination and to communicate U.S. travel policies and procedures to worldwide travelers. The organization’s mission is to increase international visitation to the USA in order to fuel the U.S. economy and enhance the image of the United States worldwide. Formed as the Corporation for Travel Promotion in 2010, the public-private entity began operations in May 2011 and does business as Brand USA. According to studies by Oxford Economics, over the past five years Brand USA's marketing initiatives have helped welcome 5.4 million incremental visitors to the USA, benefiting the U.S. economy with more than $38 billion in total economic impact and supporting, on average, more than 51,000 incremental jobs a year.
For industry or partner information about Brand USA, visit TheBrandUSA.com. To discover more about the USA and the boundless diversity of American travel experiences and authentic, rich culture, please visit Brand USA’s consumer website VisitTheUSA.com and follow Visit The USA on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.