Brand USA Announces 2023 Board of Directors
WASHINGTON, DC (January 11, 2023) – Brand USA, the destination marketing organization for the United States, today announced the newly appointed and reappointed directors who will comprise its 2023 board of directors. Todd Davidson, chief executive officer of Travel Oregon, will serve as board chair. Davidson was first appointed to the board of directors in 2020, and most recently served as vice chair.
“Brand USA’s work to help the industry navigate recovery in the face of the many variables at play around the world is vital to a successful 2023,” said Davidson. “I welcome the insights of Stephanie Young, Tim Mapes, and Allen Orr and I’m grateful the board will continue to benefit from Don Moore’s institutional knowledge and experience. I’m humbled by the board’s trust in me to serve as chair and I look forward to collaborating with them and the entire Brand USA team under Chris Thompson’s leadership, to drive recovery.”
“I’m thrilled to know Todd will serve as board chair in 2023,” said Thompson. “It’s important for Brand USA’s chair to have both experience in board leadership and in-depth industry knowledge, and Todd checks all the boxes. I also welcome to the Brand USA family Stephanie Young, Tim Mapes, and Allen Orr and I’m also grateful to welcome Don Moore back for another term. Given the work before us during continued global uncertainty, I know Brand USA will benefit from their individual and collective expertise.”
The U.S. Secretary of Commerce, in consultation with the U.S. Secretary of State and the U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security, appoints the 11-member board according to specific sectors of the travel and tourism industry. These senior executives work together to provide invaluable expertise and ultimately help guide Brand USA’s mission and operations. Each director can be appointed for a maximum of two consecutive three-year terms.
Newly appointed and reappointed directors are as follows:
- New appointment – Attractions or Recreation: Stephanie Young, president, Disney Vacation Club, Adventures & Expeditions, and Enrichment Programs, Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products
- New appointment – Commercial or Private Passenger Air: Tim Mapes, senior vice president and chief marketing & communications officer, Delta Air Lines
- New appointment – Immigration Law and Policy: Allen Orr, founder, Orr Immigration Law Firm
- Reappointment – Land or Sea Passenger Transportation: Don Moore, senior vice president, business rental sales and global corporate accounts, Enterprise Holdings
Brand USA’s spring board of directors meeting will take place on April 18, 2023, in Washington, DC. The 2023 schedule of board meetings is available at here. The complete list of the 2023 Brand USA Board of Directors is:
- Todd Davidson, chief executive officer, Travel Oregon (State Tourism)
- Donald Moore, senior vice president, business rental sales and global accounts, Enterprise Holdings, Inc. (Land or Sea Passenger Travel)
- Keiko Matsudo Orrall, executive director, Massachusetts Office of Travel and Tourism (State Tourism)
- Elliott Ferguson, president & chief executive officer, Destination DC (City Convention and Visitors’ Bureau)
- Noel Irwin Hentschel, chairman and chief executive officer, American Tours International, LLC (Travel Distribution Services)
- Allen Orr, Founder, Orr Immigration Law Firm (Immigration Law and Policy)
- Lauren Bailey, chief executive officer and co-founder, Upward Projects (Restaurant)
- Kristen Esposito, principal, Esposito Global Partners (Small Business or Retail)
- Mark Hoplamazian, president and chief executive officer, Hyatt Hotels Corporation (Hotel Accommodations)
- Tim Mapes, Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing & Communications Officer, Delta Air Lines (Commercial or Private Passenger Air)
- Stephanie Young, President, Disney Vacation Club, Adventures & Expeditions, and Enrichment Programs, Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products (Attractions or Recreations)
About Brand USA
Brand USA, the destination marketing organization for the United States, was established by the Travel Promotion Act as the nation’s first public-private partnership to promote the United States as a premier travel destination and to communicate U.S. travel policies and procedures to worldwide travelers. The organization’s mission is to increase international visitation to the United States in order to fuel the U.S. economy and enhance the image of the United States worldwide. Formed as the Corporation for Travel Promotion in 2010, the public-private entity began operations in May 2011 and does business as Brand USA. According to studies by Oxford Economics, over the past ten years Brand USA's marketing initiatives have helped welcome 8 million incremental visitors to the United States, benefiting the U.S. economy with more than $58 billion in total economic impact and supporting, on average, more than 37,000 incremental jobs a year.
For industry or partner information about Brand USA, visit TheBrandUSA.com. To discover more about the USA and the boundless diversity of American travel experiences and authentic, rich culture, please visit Brand USA’s consumer website VisitTheUSA.com and follow Visit The USA on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
About GoUSA TV
Because every place has a story. GoUSA TV is a premier travel entertainment channel, available at your fingertips with no subscription, no fees and no logins required. Watch full episodes, documentaries and films, told from the diverse perspectives of real people across America. Download. Escape. Explore. GoUSA TV. GoUSA TV is available for download on your iOS or Android device, or on Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Samsung TV Plus.